DAT Deutsche Aufzugstechnik GmbH (DAT) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, are responsible for all websites, computer and mobile applications, and social media accounts or pages maintained by DAT that are linked to this privacy statement. We are committed to respecting the privacy of the individuals whose personal information we collect. DAT has put in place technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect any personal information we may collect.
What personal data does DAT collect?
"Personal Data" is data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The Personal Information that DAT may collect from you depends on the nature of the interaction that you have with us. For example, DAT may collect:
- Business contact information, including the name of your company, your title and position, your work email address, your work street and/ or P.O. Box address or phone numbers at your work, and other data to contact you at your work
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID or user ID, device identification, or locator data
- Specific data about how you or your company interact with DAT products and services, including your personal product preferences.
If you are a residential customer, DAT may collect your name and private contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number. If you are a residential or business tenant, employee or contractor of a tenant, or guest in a building where a DAT elevator is installed or a DAT service contract is in place or DAT services are performed, DAT may collect personal information from you from our building customer (such as owners, building service providers or security companies). DAT may also collect geographic location data and other security authentication data from your personal computer or telephone that provides access to a facility or DAT equipment installed in a building. For both business and residential customers, DAT may collect banking or payment information, account information provided to DAT, and contract details.
How does DAT use the personal information it collects?
The personal information collected is used to:
- Provide you with customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests
- To fulfill contractual obligations, such as providing you with building access to activate integrated features of our elevator service offerings, provide notices or reports about a specific elevator or service activity, electronic invoices, or your selected payment method
- Verify your identity to ensure security for any of the other purposes listed herein or to grant you access to a website, application, social media page, or a building or area of a building
- To develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, enhance and personalize the user experience or experience, and better prepare future content based on your interests and also those of other users
- Communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by DAT
- To evaluate your expressed interest to us in employment with DAT and/or to enable you to apply for such employment
- Respond to a legitimate lawful request from law enforcement or other government regulatory agencies
- To investigate and enable protection against suspected or actual illegal activity
- To comply with legal requirements with respect to sanctions and anti-terrorism lists
- To prevent damage to health or financial loss
- Provide any required information in the event of a divestiture of our business or parts of our business
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with legal obligations
Does DAT use your personal information to contact you?
In addition to our contacting you regarding your elevator, DAT may also use the information collected to communicate with you regarding new and/or modified products and services offered by DAT or to provide you with other offers. DAT ensures that all marketing communications will provide you with an easy method to opt out or unsubscribe from communications.
Does DAT forward the collected data to third parties?
DAT will not sell or otherwise transfer your personal data to any third party outside the DAT group (within the meaning of §§ 15 et seq. of the German Stock Corporation Act), except:
- To service providers who perform services for DAT or on our behalf or on behalf of our building customers. DAT will only disclose your personal data to such third parties who have been contractually obligated by DAT not to use or disclose the data, except if and to the extent necessary for the performance of the services by the third parties on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. These third parties may include cloud service providers, system vendors, software vendors and other service providers
- To comply with legal obligations, including in response to, but not limited to, a legitimate lawful request by law enforcement or other government regulatory agencies
- To investigate suspected or actual illegal activity
- To prevent harm to health or financial loss
- To provide any information that may be required in the event of a sale of our business or any part of our business
With respect to consumers who interact with DAT on social media sites, to the extent your social sharing activity relates to DAT, including sweepstakes with raffles or contests that you may enter on our site, DAT may disclose your personal information to contacts with whom your and DAT's social media accounts are associated, to users of other websites, and to the provider of your social media accounts. Should you actually post information on information boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services where you can post information and material, any such information you post or share through these services would become public and may potentially be available to the general public.
Does DAT share personal data with other countries?
Because DAT is part of a global company with operations in many different countries, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to achieve the purposes listed above. We will transfer your personal data in accordance with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary.
Analysis and targeting tools - Google Services
On our website, we use various services of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
You can find more information about Google services at https://www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
Our website uses Google Analytics for the needs-based design and improvement of the website. Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are stored on your terminal device and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. On this website, we use the IP anonymization extension (so-called IP masking), i.e. your IP address is truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
Google's services also include reports on the effectiveness of our advertising measures (including across devices), on the demographics and interests of our users, as well as functions for the cross-device delivery of online advertising if you are the owner of a Google account and have consented to the personalization of advertising ("Ads Personalization"). In this case, the legal basis for data processing is your consent to Google (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO).
You can object to the collection or analysis of your data by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user IDs (e.g. User ID) or advertising IDs are automatically deleted after 14 months.
What do you need to know about third party links that may be displayed on this website?
In some cases, DAT may provide links to websites that are not controlled by DAT. DAT makes every effort to identify them as such. However, DAT does not control such third party websites and cannot be held responsible for the content or privacy practices or content used by other websites.
How long does DAT keep personal data?
DAT will retain personal data only as long as it is needed to fulfill contractual and legal obligations. If the personal data is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, DAT will retain it for as long as it is necessary for the original purpose for which it was collected. Personal data collected online about a user who has not accessed a DAT website, application or social media will be deleted from our files within a reasonable period of time, unless applicable law prohibits it or the personal data is necessary to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations.
What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
Individuals may at any time request to review, update, correct, amend or delete information they have provided to DAT. DAT will provide a prompt response and will endeavor to honor such requests, except where this ability is limited by law, under contract, or by competing privacy interests. DAT
will endeavor to update data in a timely manner and will delete your personal information from DAT files when required by law. DAT takes steps to protect the privacy and security of the user by DAT verifying the identity of the user before making a requested change. If you wish to access, change, or delete your personal information, report problems with the website, ask questions, or raise concerns, please email DAT at email@example.com. Some of our websites, apps and social media accounts allow you to make corrections directly on the website without having to contact DAT separately.
In certain countries, such as those in the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in your state or province.
Please remember that while we help protect your personal information, it is up to you to protect your passwords and other access information from others.
INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC GROUPS OR PEOPLE
For parents and legal guardians
Although the DAT website is not directed at children, DAT takes its responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union (once legally effective). DAT does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If DAT learns that personal information of a child under the age of 13 has been provided, that information will be deleted from DAT systems.
How could DAT change these policies?
As this website expands and improves, it may become necessary to update this policy. These guidelines may also be changed from time to time without prior notice. Therefore, we recommend that you review this policy periodically for changes. Significant changes will be identified in the policy header.
How can you get in touch with DAT?
If you have general questions about DAT privacy practices, please email datenschutz.BW@otis.com.